Friday 22 May 2015

Marvel digital comics and Maze Runner

Yesterday I discovered that my recently bought Marvel comics all came with bonus digital editions. Not sure why I hadn't spotted it before but it was a bit embarrassing as I had a bought a few on the iPad before realising my folly. So, if you buy Marvel comics and want free digital copies look out for something like this on the cover:
or this on the inside:

Tonight we watched Maze Runner. I'd seen the trailer at the cinema and though "meh" but I was pleasantly surprised. Apparently it's based on a popular series of books. The film was like a cross between The Hunger Games and Falling Skies. It was actually pretty good and I do like films that aren't frightened to end on a bit of a downer rather than just going for the Hollywood joy thing. Thomas, a teenager, arrives in a glade at the center of a giant labyrinth. Like the other youths dumped there before him, he has no memory of his previous life. Thomas quickly becomes part of the group and soon after demonstrates a unique perspective that scores him a promotion to Runner status -- those who patrol the always-changing maze to find an escape route. Together with Teresa, the only female, Thomas tries to convince his cohorts that he knows a way out.
Here's the trailer:

The reason that I wanted to watch Maze Runner was because I had seen the trailer was out for the sequel but I wanted to watch the first one before getting a sneak preview of part two. There's the trailer for Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials which looks like it could be pretty damn good.....
  

No comments: