Sunday 20 September 2020

Baking, hockey and Four In A Bed,

It was weekly baking day today. I had a bit of a panic as the consistency of the dough was not as I had expected so was worried how things were going to turn out. I'd put in an extra egg as the recipe needs four large but we only had medium and I think there was a little extra psyllium husk so that could have been what made it feel different. It made me quite sad so I went and read in the garden with a coffee while they were in the oven. The end result looked much better than I had expected.



They rose beautifully and had a much softer, springy feel once they were done. Toni said that they were much softer and it felt like real bread which I will take as a major win. Now I just have to hope that I can manage to get the same result next time.

With breakfast we watched game one of the Stanley Cup Final series between Dallas Stars and Tampa Bay Lightning. On paper this should be an exciting series so let's hope this is true. First period end tied 1 - 1, Second period ended with the Stars leading 3 - 1. Third period ended with the stars winning 4 - 1. Stars now lead this series 1 - 0 which made us very happy!

Bed & Breakfast silliness ensured with more Four In A Bed. This show seems to get crazier and more brutal las it goes on. Viva la car crash!


No comments: