Sunday 6 December 2020

Farewell Cupid

Our little Cupid (AKA Fluffy McFatbutt) scurried off over the Rainbow Bridge in the early hours of this morning. He went to sleep while having cuddles and drifted away. He was such an affectionate little dude. We will miss him.

I have to be honest that I wasn't overly fussed when Zoe first got the rats. I've owned them before and at that time I was done with pets. They were really quite and I would occasionally look in on them. Thingss ask change when zoe went to stay with Jade and Aaron. I quickly became the primary feeder and fell in love with all of them, often singing and chatting to them. It was me that first found Cupid in a bad way so it was incredibly sad to see him deteriorate. He was loved to the very end though and certainly lived the best life!

A friend sent us this (she was sent it when she lost her rat)......

Lend Me A Rat

I will lend a rat to you - for awhile, God said. 
For you to love him while he lives, and mourn him when he's dead. 
Maybe for twelve or thirty months - Or maybe two or three. 
But will you, 'til I call him back, take care of him for me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you; and should his stay be brief, 
You'll always have his memories, as solace for your grief. 
I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth, return. 
But there are lessons taught below, I want this rat to learn.

I've looked the whole world over, in search of teachers true. 
And from the folk that crowd life's land, 
I have chosen you. Now will you give him all your love, nor think the labour vain, 
Nor hate me when I come to you, to take my rat again?

Then it was that I said: 'Dear Lord, thy will be done.' 
For all the joys this rat will bring, the risk of grief I'll run. 
I'll shelter him with tenderness, I'll love him while I may. 
And for the happiness I've known, forever grateful stay.

But should you think to call him back, much sooner than we'd planned, 
I'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand. 
When this faithful soul departs this busy world of strife, 
We'll have yet another rat, and love him all his life


No comments: