Sunday 27 December 2020

Improving back, Heavy Trip and black metal morning and Sherlock Holmes

Well the good news is that I had a reasonable sleep last night and it feels like my back is now righting itself. I am still being a bit careful as I don't want to risk aggravating it. Other bits of me now feel a bit stiff and achey but I suspect that's other muscles that were overcompensating starting to right themselves again.

I watched the hilarious Heavy Trip this morning. The movie follows Turo, lead singer of Impaled Rektum, a self-described “symphonic post-apocalyptic reindeer-grinding christ-abusing extreme war pagan Fennoscandic metal” band that has spent 12 years rehearsing in the guitarist’s parents’ reindeer slaughterhouse without actually writing a song or playing an actual gig.

After this I went into a black metal morning and watched a couple of documentaries. First up was Until The Light Takes Us

This was then followed by the Vices short interview piece called True Norwegian Black Metal. I might have to indulge in the Lords Of Chaos film again at some point soon.

It was a nice relaxing day after that. Toni and i stripped down the turkey carcass and put it into a large pan to make a load of stock ready for soup. 

We fancied some Sherlock Holmes in the evening so we watch both the Robert Downey Jr movies.
Sherlock Holmes:

Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows:

We never get tired of watching these. Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law make an excellent Holme and Watson. Can't wait for them to make the third instalment although that is currently on hold due to the coronavirus situation.


No comments: