Thursday 1 July 2010

Scissor Sisters @ The Roundhouse (iTunes Festival)

Sam and I went to The Roundhouse tonight, as you might have gathered from my pink wristbands post. The iTunes Festival is such a great concept. Choose some bands, fill in a form, win tickets, no charge, RESULT!

And so it was that we went to see Scissor Sisters, a band that I love but have never seen live.


THE DRUMS
I'd never heard of THE DRUMS before tonight and to be honest I won't be rushing out to get better acquainted. They were OK. Bouncy indie guitar pop but the songs all started to sound very samey all too quickly. The singer was like a cross between Brett Anderson and Morrissey (voice and moves in that order). Not a bad warm up band I guess. Their one redeeming feature was bringing in Scissor Sister Ana Matronic to sing for one of their number which was fine by me!




See all THE DRUMS pics here: 010710TheDrumsTheRoundhouse#


after a short break and some interesting videos it was time for..............


SCISSOR SISTERS
WOW! What a show. The SCISSOR SISTERS were awesome and blew everyone away. The songs were there, the show was as camp as a camp thing. It was gay disco night and I loved every minute of it. There are many bands that could learn a lot from watching this lot. Go on stage, entertain the crowd, enjoy it and look like you are having a blast while you are at it!






See all the SCISSOR SISTERS pics here: 010710ScissorSistersTheRoundhouse

No comments: