Thursday 8 May 2008

Sophie's employers are...........

......... not to be trusted methinks!

I am doing a lot of research in to the company that Sophie works for "Maximum Dynamics". Something just isn't sitting right for me. Whenever she asks questions the answers always seem to be very vague.

The job she showed me was advertised as £16K - 28K OTE. This to me meant that the basic was £16K and that you could earn "up to" another £12K (ie £28K) if you met all your targets etc. Not long after starting she told me that they had to sort out their own tax which made me suspicious. Then she said that the work on commission only (this would mean that the salary was actually £0K - £28K rather than £16K - £28K).

This week I found out that the two weeks training that she is doing is actually unpaid! So she quits one job, has to borrow £100 from me to get a monthly bus pass, does two weeks plus "training" for nothing and then I guess she really starts "working".

This actually means that if she makes no sales when she does start "working" then she will earn NOTHING at all so in theory after two months she could have done two weeks training and six weeks work, spent £200 on bus fares and be paid FUCK ALL!

On top of all that, even if she does stick it out and start earning, she will soon get very cheesed off if the weather takes a turn for the worse or as the autumn and winter nights start coming in and it gets colder and darker. The hours are rubbish too as she has to work Monday to Saturday from 12:00 to 20:30 so she loses nearly all her "leisure" time and has no real weekend.

Needless to say I am not very happy about the whole concept and have suggested that she seriously starts looking for another job.

No comments: