Wednesday 3 February 2016

Helloween @ The Forum

Sam, Aaron and I had a night out in London to see Helloween at The Forum in Kentish Town. We kicked off proceedings with a fantastic meal at the Angus Steakhouse in Leicester Square.

We arrived at The Forum to catch the tail end of Rage's support slot. They were pretty good, another German metal band still going since way back when. I was surprised how well received they were. A great little crowd warmer with a wonderful medley at the end of their set.

The familiar strains of Walls Of Jericho came over the speakers and everyone went nuts as Helloween hit the stage as part of their 30th Anniversary tour. It was a brilliant gig, a set made of old classics and a few new numbers. Everything was spot on and it was so much fun. Some of the older songs had me with a tear in my eye as I was teleported back to my youth. Both the boys loved them and I was delighted to see them again.

The set list was:
Walls of Jericho (taped intro)
Eagle Fly Free
Dr. Stein
My God-Given Right
Steel Tormentor
Mr. Torture
Waiting for the Thunder
Straight Out of Hell
Heroes
Drum Solo
Where the Rain Grows
Lost in America
Power
Forever and One (Neverland)
Halloween / Sole Survivor / I Can / Are You Metal? / Keeper of the Seven Keys

Encore:
Before the War
Future World
I Want Out
A Tale That Wasn't Right (taped outro)

 

Here's a bit of the drum solo:


See all the Helloween pics here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/114488708332382539692/030216HelloweenTheForum

No comments: