Thursday 19 October 2017

Clusterf***, Mike's leaving drinks and stress

Well it's been a bit of a cluster*** of a week. One niggly problem from the migration remained and now matter how hard I tried I could just not get to the bottom of it. This has been causing me to get more and more stressed as the week progressed and fatigue was also kicking in which just didn't help matters. Personal pride kept me attacking the problem rather than giving up.

There was a brief reprise at lunchtime when some of us went to the Old Tea Warehouse for Mike's leaving drinks. It was a bit of a chuckle and some welcome relief.

Sadly I couldn't escape the problem and went through many hours of banging my head against the wall. Even with the aid of a colleague we were still unable to sort things out and so I had to end another day disappointed that I could not get rid of the last outstanding issue.

I got home and was feeling really down and completely stressed. I sat in the living room lit only by two salt lamps and listened to some soothing music to try and relax but sadly that didn't cut it. Toni came back and we went out for a meal at Ziyafet with Jade and Aaron which was nice but I wasn't feeling very conversational and was lost in my work problem. We weren't home for long before I went to bed in the hope I could sleep out my slump and feel more inspired in the morning.


No comments: