Sunday 22 October 2017

Sleep, Crash, Amnesia, Black Flag and Skin Wars: Fresh Paint

Well today was another day of unexpected extra sleep due to an essential change of plans. It was very much needed.

Toni went out to spend some time with Jade and do various things so I took the opportunity to get in some PS4 time. I started off proceedings with Crash Bandicoot. It was so much fun but sadly I was dealing with a controller with strange behaviours that made it very difficult to play properly so I decided to move on to something else.

Free on PSN Plus this month is a game called Amnesia which I decided to give a go. Oh my, that was unexpected. It's a survival horror game setup in such a way that you don't get to fight, you have to hide or run away. They recommend you play it in a darkened room with headphones on. I opted for the darkened room as Zoe was watching me play. It is a VERY subversive game, with eerie graphics and a soundtrack that just drags you in. It's hard to really describe how it makes you feel. I wasn't scared but my heart was definitely racing at certain points. It does get quite intense, that's for sure.

After a while I had to come up for air as it was all getting too much being lost in the Amnesia world so I took to the high seas once again for some Assassins Creed Black Flag action. That did the job and my BPM was back at a more reasonable rate in no time LOL.

Chip shop chips for the win (and dinner) and we watched some of the first season of Skin Wars: Fresh Paint. This is a RuPaul hosted show where artists move from their usual medium and take on the challenge of body painting.


No comments: