Sunday 23 February 2014

Birthday fun and Dolmen Grove Essex Moot

My birthday today started very well with us not getting up until 11:30. Now that's the way to do it! Cards and presents are always a bonus when it comes to this time of year. I had a pretty cool haul of booty today!

Sophie and the kids gave me this cool waterproof candle set and a Jim Beam t-shirt:


Dad and Stephanie gave me this lovely necklace:



Mum gave me some money that will be put to very good use!

Last but certainly not least I was given these beauties by Toni and the gang. Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Blu-Ray! RESULT



After some breakfast Toni and I headed out to Stanford-no-Hope for our monthly Dolmen Grove Essex Moot. It was another good one. Plenty of energy was raised through drumming to kick things off and then Oaken gave a fantastic talk on meditation with a practical session at the end. I had a totally different experience to ones I have had in the past although my friend the crow did put in another appearance! I was doubly blessed on the present front as well as I was present with a couple of gifts at the moot.

Wolfen gave me this lovely Native American style wristband:

Wendy then gave me a carrier bag full of bracelets to rummage through to choose something. I found this little beauty.

When we got home Toni, Sam, Aaron and I popped round the corner to Rishta for a birthday meal. A great way to end the day!

No comments: