Friday 7 February 2014

Mopping up, crash out and Rangers beat Penguins in shootout

Today was a bit of a frustrating day! Most of it was spent try to investigate what was a fuck up by someone else and then having to try and prove this. No fun at all. I had to run umpteen different upgrade variants and do database data comparisons to show what had gone wrong. By the end of the day I could clearly show that someone had messed up. The only problem was showing how as the instructions were clear and there was complete denial that anyone could have possible deviated from them despite the evidence to the contrary. Oh well, things were reverted and when it was all done right the second time around everything appeared to be good. As a result of all this madness I ended up getting home much later than planned which I was less than happy about!

After dinner I crashed out as I was absolutely knackered. I wasn't complaining though as this gave me my second wind so I was all geared up to watch New York Rangers take on Pittsburgh Penguins. Due to some technical issues at home I sadly missed the Rangers going 1 - 0 up just over a minute into the game. Unfortunately the Penguins had an answer half way through the period and tied it up. The first period ended 1 - 1. Rangers were playing much better than they had the previous night. They started the second period well and went 2 - 1 up after 34 seconds. Unfortunately it was 2 - 2 eight minutes later and that's how the second period ended. The third period was end to end stalemate until the Rangers once again took the 3 - 2 lead after nine minutes. It looked like they would hold firm for the win until the Penguins once again equalised and made it 3 - 3 at 17:04. The third period ended tied 3 - 3 and so into overtime we went. Neither team could get the job done here so it was penalty shootout time. Brad Richards scored a beauty on the sixth shot and the Rangers emerged 4 - 3 winners.

No comments: