Friday 21 February 2014

Day off, Ziyafet, Olympic hockey and Inside No. 9

I am pleased to report that today was a much better day. No MEHness in sight at all! Even better, I had the day off. Didn't do very much but that was the plan. Toni, Pam, Gemima, Sam and I went to Ziyafet for lunch. Much deliciousness was had.

I watched Sweden beat Finland 2 - 1 and Canada beat USA 1 - 0 in the two Olympic ice hockey semi final games that were being shown on the BBC. The Sweden-Finland game was pretty good, quite exciting and tense. The Canada-USA game was actually a real disappointment. It just lacked any real spark and the way they were playing it just felt like Canada were always going to emerge victorious. So now I'll be routing for Sweden to beat Canada in the gold medal match and Finland to beat USA in the bronze.

I got my gaming groove back on again too today with a few good sessions playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Cracked a couple of bits that I had been stuck on too which I was most happy about.

Having good things about it from the chaps at work we watched the first three episodes of Inside No. 9. This is a British dark comedy anthology series written by The League of Gentlemen members Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton, following on from their work together on Psychovill. Each episode is standalone, featuring separate characters and situations, all linked by their events happening behind very different doors marked 'number 9'. We were treated to some excellent entertainment, great writing, comic timing and some unexpected twists. Definitely one to watch!

No comments: